TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

BM99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 12, 2021
Same :( Figured it would be a PFO since I didn’t get a response on that day everyone was updating their LinkedIn. I‘ve replied and asked if it’s possible to get my WG score but no response yet.
I think you can ask them again! I asked for my WG score right after I completed the test, didn't get a response at first. I sent another email for the scores a week later and they got back to me fairly quick.

Also anyone here still hasn't received an offer or a rejection like me😂

cyberjaz1116

Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 31, 2022
I scored 64% percentile (got 31/40)with LL WGT with an Average range in Assumptions and Argument but a High range in Inferences. Assuming it will probably be a PFO given my scores? Could anyone enlighten me on how LL WGT is factored into the whole application please? I applied for China-London TC and would this make any difference given the applicant pool?

BM99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 12, 2021
I scored 64% percentile (got 31/40)with LL WGT with an Average range in Assumptions and Argument but a High range in Inferences. Assuming it will probably be a PFO given my scores? Could anyone enlighten me on how LL WGT is factored into the whole application please? I applied for China-London TC and would this make any difference given the applicant pool?
Tbh I can never understand how Linklaters pick candidates😂But I think they put a bit more emphasis on the Capp Assessment. Also since you applied for the direct TC route they will probably take your work experience into account, different from normal VS route. It's really hard to say whether 64th percentile is sufficient haha

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2022
It’s an enigma - i would hypothesise that they simply have a pass mark for WG then select based on CAPP. I did very well still was rejected and know others same happened to. I wouldn’t worry if you are above 50th percentile tbh.

Reactions: cyberjaz1116

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Hello, is it still worth applying to DLA Piper's Summer internship in the London office since their deadline is 30 December and they review applications on a rolling basis? I ask this because they hosted an Open Day on 14 December which really changed my mind about the firm and made me want to apply! Might I have a better shot if I apply to an office that's smaller, maybe Sheffield or Leeds rather than London?

Thank you for any responses!
    I want to know this also

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.