Status
Not open for further replies.

born&raised

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 30, 2021
For CMS, as people who had applied on the deadline also have received WGs, should I assume that no response probably means a PFO? I submitted close to the deadline as well :(

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I see. It runs out in 2024, so it wouldn't cover the training contract! I guess I should put no then?
It is tricky (and why these questions sometimes don't work as a simple yes/no answer).

Ultimately the question can be interpreted in multiple ways, including whether you have the right to work now. Given that, I would actually put yes, especially given there is a strong chance you will have settled status anyway.

Reactions: bibss

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Hi guys,

I am currently applying to Debevoise and am trying to understand their international strategy. Would anyone, who has applied, have a chat about it?

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jan 13, 2021
Does anyone know if Watson Farley & Williams’ VI is automatic? I applied on Saturday and am quite surprised at how quickly they’ve responded to me. I also don’t have any business attire, because I’m visiting family and am unsure how to carry out a VI without more professional clothing 😬 Would be grateful for any help.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone know if Watson Farley & Williams’ VI is automatic? I applied on Saturday and am quite surprised at how quickly they’ve responded to me. I also don’t have any business attire, because I’m visiting family and am unsure how to carry out a VI without more professional clothing 😬 Would be grateful for any help.
I wouldn't worry about being super smart on a video interview - a plain jumper will be sufficient.

• ℹ️
Reactions: Adrian_S

Jack239

Standard Member
Nov 27, 2022
So most of the firm's ive applied to have asked whether I had to resit an exam. I answered no on those questions because I assumed it was talking about university exams. However, I voluntarily resat one part of my math A-level exam (1 out of the 3 papers that make up the final grade), and did worse on it than the original and it had no impact on my final grade. I recently realized that the question probably does include a level exams too, however, I still voluntary chose to resit rather than having to because I failed. Should I email grad rec about this?

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    So most of the firm's ive applied to have asked whether I had to resit an exam. I answered no on those questions because I assumed it was talking about university exams. However, I voluntarily resat one part of my math A-level exam (1 out of the 3 papers that make up the final grade), and did worse on it than the original and it had no impact on my final grade. I recently realized that the question probably does include a level exams too, however, I still voluntary chose to resit rather than having to because I failed. Should I email grad rec about this?
    I have always taken it as the literal meaning of 'have you had to resit an exam', like you I didn't have to, I chose to, so I do not put it in the box.

I think what GR are trying to glean from this is if you failed any of the smaller exams that make up the final exams, which if you did, you would presumably HAVE to re-sit them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.