TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

FutureTraineeWannabe

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Can’t believe I’m announcing this but I’ve just recently received and accepted a training contract at Clyde & Co LLP!!!😫🎉🎉🥳🥳🤩🤩🤩😍😍😍 I thought the day would never come.
I can’t thank this forum and the entire TCLA team enough. It has most definitely been a rollercoaster of emotions and stress the past couple of years (4th cycle) but it all worked out in the end.

Thank you everyone…and just have faith. Your time is coming too💛
Congrats!!!!

Reactions: John Travoni

Ambs123

Legendary Member
Feb 19, 2021
Can’t believe I’m announcing this but I’ve just recently received and accepted a training contract at Clyde & Co LLP!!!😫🎉🎉🥳🥳🤩🤩🤩😍😍😍 I thought the day would never come.
I can’t thank this forum and the entire TCLA team enough. It has most definitely been a rollercoaster of emotions and stress the past couple of years (4th cycle) but it all worked out in the end.

Congratulations! So happy for you 😋

aishaalexandra

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Aug 3, 2022

Congratulations!

Reactions: John Travoni
D

Deleted member 24543

I need advice, serious advice. I've just gotten an Experience Day invite from EY for their Law Internship, but they've only given me one date which is the 26th of January to do it. 26th of January is also the date of my Freshfields AC, the EY one starts at 8:45 AM and ends at 12:45 PM and the Freshfields one starts at 1:15 PM. They're both virtual ACs. Is it plausible and fair to ask the EY graduate recruitment for an alternative AC date? Of course doing two ACs in a day would not be ideal at all but I do want to take every opportunity just in case, does anyone also have any experience doing two ACs back to back? Is it advisable at all? I thought more AC invites would be something I'd be jumping up and down about but this is causing me immense stress :(

@Jessica Booker I could really use for your expertise for this!

• 🤝
Reactions: yasmars

FutureLawyer99

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Dec 28, 2021
I need advice, serious advice. I've just gotten an Experience Day invite from EY for their Law Internship, but they've only given me one date which is the 26th of January to do it. 26th of January is also the date of my Freshfields AC, the EY one starts at 8:45 AM and ends at 12:45 PM and the Freshfields one starts at 1:15 PM. They're both virtual ACs. Is it plausible and fair to ask the EY graduate recruitment for an alternative AC date? Of course doing two ACs in a day would not be ideal at all but I do want to take every opportunity just in case, does anyone also have any experience doing two ACs back to back? Is it advisable at all? I thought more AC invites would be something I'd be jumping up and down about but this is causing me immense stress :(

@Jessica Booker I could really use for your expertise for this!

Congrats!!! My take on this is to let EY recruitment know about the situation. Honestly, tell them that you have another AC on that date! I’ve done a similar thing before and the law firm was really understanding about it. @Jessica Booker what’s your take on this situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.