TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBestSolicitorInTheWorld

Distinguished Member
Nov 10, 2022
Hi - if anyone has applied for Vinson & Elkins or is applying, please could I have some advice?

You need to address the Cover Letter to their Training Principal - is it still Andrew Nealon? All the information I can find with his name in is from a while back - I want to make sure I put the right person or else I'll be off to a bad start haha.
Can we not just say 'Dear Training Principal'?

law12345

Premium Member
Nov 23, 2022
Does Jones Day ask for your permission before contacting your referee? Do you have any opportunity to change your reference if they are not currently available?
they send an email to tell you they are contacting them yes :)) they also say they want the reference to reply ideally within 10 days so if yours isn't available might be worth emailing? :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.