TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokothemagicdragon

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 23, 2021
    i received an email back from the recruitment team but not too sure whether this means i have been placed on hold?
    what did your email say? Mine (november said) "The Recruitment Committee has now reviewed your application and for the short term, we would like to place your application on hold. We will consider your application further towards the application deadline, 13 January 2023, at which time we will advise you as to whether or not you have been shortlisted for interview."

Samir_O

Legendary Member
    Oct 5, 2021
    hey everyone - does anyone know what Latham's standard practice is regarding sending VIs and PFOs? as in do they wait until the very end to reject people ? I haven't gotten a VI invite yet for the spring vac and seen many people getting invites here. Still hoping (!!) for a success here haha, has anyone actually received a pfo?

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 8, 2022
    hey everyone - does anyone know what Latham's standard practice is regarding sending VIs and PFOs? as in do they wait until the very end to reject people ? I haven't gotten a VI invite yet for the spring vac and seen many people getting invites here. Still hoping (!!) for a success here haha, has anyone actually received a pfo?
    they wait till end for PFOs im pretty sure - at least from looking at the thread last year. That does not mean that there is not another round of VIs though.

lawforme123

Oct 30, 2022
    Still waiting for a VI, but for summer. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Narince

patternteddybear

Esteemed Member
    Jan 4, 2023
    what did your email say? Mine (november said) "The Recruitment Committee has now reviewed your application and for the short term, we would like to place your application on hold. We will consider your application further towards the application deadline, 13 January 2023, at which time we will advise you as to whether or not you have been shortlisted for interview."
    i only submitted my sullivan&cromwell vacation scheme application on the deadline

hiremeplz

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 20, 2022
    If a Firm asks for more details about your international high school grades. Do I assume that my application looks interesting for them ?
    Thanks.
    Not sure, but in my experience this happened to a firm I applied for in this cycle. They asked for my high school transcript and a week later I received an AC invite!

jakiru

Standard Member
    Jan 16, 2023
    Hi guys,

I received an invite to RPC's Watson Glaser & the email states that "the deadline to complete this task is Tuesday 17th January 2023".

Was wondering if this means I have to complete the WG by today at 11:59pm, or tomorrow night.

Have never taken this test before and only given two days to prepare so trying to maximise that time as much as possible lol. Would appreciate if anyone could advise on this :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.