TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

dd13

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Jan 8, 2022
    Congrats & all the best! Could you share if you applied for the Spring or Summer scheme? Wondering if they’re going thru the spring apps first
    I applied for the Summer Scheme. That said, I imagine they'll have further AC's too, so not getting an invite yet is not necessarily a PFO!

confusedlawstudent

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 28, 2021
    In an interview, is it okay to speak about disagreements with my flatmates as an example of a conflict i dealt with?

I don't really have any other solid examples, but am wondering if this example might be too personal.

jnice

Distinguished Member
    Nov 19, 2020
    Any tips on ACs?
    Cliche but I had an ac yesterday and before I started every task, I took 3 deep breaths. Before I started my strengths based interview with a partner, I did this and it really relaxed me. in your interview, if needed, don’t be afraid to ask them to repeat a question or to take a minute to think about your answer.

Try to relax, be yourself and do your best! Follow all instructions of any tasks you are set. Take a watch and manage your time as best as you can. Best of luck!!

Cliche but I had an ac yesterday and before I started every task, I took 3 deep breaths. Before I started my strengths based interview with a partner, I did this and it really relaxed me. in your interview, if needed, don’t be afraid to ask them to repeat a question or to take a minute to think about your answer.

Try to relax, be yourself and do your best! Follow all instructions of any tasks you are set. Take a watch and manage your time as best as you can. Best of luck!!
    Thank you so so much! If we’ve already done VI’s, should we still expect interviews during the AC? I’m kind of lost about what am AC entails.

aniraz

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 14, 2022
    I'd love to know if anyone knows and can inform me if Slaughters drills you down on the question of whether you've applied to other law firms like do they ask you to speak about another firm or simply use it to bounce on an implicit q of 'Why Slaughters?'
    They asked me what other firms I applied to, they didn’t really drill me on it

• 🤝
    Reactions: mdoeslaw
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.