TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

confusedlawstudent

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 28, 2021
    In an interview, if I'm asked something like "Tell me about a time when a deadline has changed?" but a deadline has never changed for me, is it okay to respond with "that has actually never happened to me, but if it did, then I would..."

Or is this just an absolute no-go?
    I jus am finding I don't have any examples of certain competencies.

Reactions: Tkp77

DimpledHopper

Star Member
    Sep 20, 2021
    I'd love to know if anyone knows and can inform me if Slaughters drills you down on the question of whether you've applied to other law firms like do they ask you to speak about another firm or simply use it to bounce on an implicit q of 'Why Slaughters?'
    It really depends on who your interviewers are. When I interviewed with them last year I wasn't even asked "why Slaughters". To be safe you should still prep a response for what other firms you've applied to and make sure there's some common thread between them! Feel free to PM me if you want to know more about my experience with Slaughters' interview :D

Reactions: mdoeslaw

BonanzaBih_

Esteemed Member
    Jan 17, 2023
    Hi guys.
    Not sure if this fully appropriate but do you guys have any recommendations of websites that offer free AC case study practise and resources of a similar sort?
    as much as I’d love to, I simply cannot afford £40 for the TCLA resources even though I know they’re really really good.

any help is appreciated!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.