TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoebe123451

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 19, 2022
    idk thats what i was confused about as well cause some people are saying they havent gotten it post app but ive been told that apparently the tests are automatic?
    ikr - I also read on their website that everyone gets it, so perhaps the people still waiting just will receive a next batch? even then I'm still unsure as to why I didn't receive them last year lol

• 🤝
    Reactions: mdoeslaw
    D

daisy_yawn

idk thats what i was confused about as well cause some people are saying they havent gotten it post app but ive been told that apparently the tests are automatic?
    I think they are automatic, especially considering how sparse the application form was, it wouldn't be fair to screen applicants based purely on grades.

Reactions: mdoeslaw

gw9

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 28, 2022
    Is there anyone that used Forage for virtual work experience (even though it would be a certification) and mentioned this on applications? (unsuccessful and those who progressing) 😊
    I've mentioned them in motivational questions (usually why commercial law or why this firm), questions about which practice areas I'm interested in, and questions about extracurricular activities. :)

Sarah T

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 9, 2020
    Anyone know if Simmons & Simmons has anymore open AC slots?

I have not heard anything post tests for almost 14 days not sure what limbo I am in. PFO limbo or progression limbo.

D

daisy_yawn

Is there a link on the forum on how to answer personality questions like how would your friends describe you? Or does anyone have tips as to this
    I got asked this in an interview and as long as it's not cliche like 'too perfectionist', you can just be genuine! Don't think it's a heavily assessed question, just one that wants to see what you're like :)

Sarah T

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 9, 2020
    Does anyone know if the Mayer Brown online tests are timed? Thanks!
    The tests themselves are not timed but they will take into account how long it takes for you to complete the test. It is part of your final score - that’s what they told me on an event. So I think you will see a timer counting up but not a timer counting down if that makes sense.

aspiringlawyerr

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 7, 2022
    The tests themselves are not timed but they will take into account how long it takes for you to complete the test. It is part of your final score - that’s what they told me on an event. So I think you will see a timer counting up but not a timer counting down if that makes sense.
    Thats really helpful, thank you!

Reactions: Sarah T
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.