TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhbuygu

Valued Member
  • Dec 23, 2022
    First time posting here but becoming increasingly demoralised about securing even an AC this cycle, let alone a VS.

I must have done about 15 applications and many firms I'm yet to hear back from, even after applying months ago. Practical radio silence from DLA Piper, Hogan Lovells, Ashurst, White & Case, while others are getting ACs or even VS from them, which makes me wonder what the point is. Awaiting PFOs from them but it's the fact I've heard nothing which really hurts.

Had 3 VIs with Bakers, Watson Farley and Dentons, but bombed them all and yet to hear back, while I can never seem to pass assessments that aren't Watson Glasers (like Taylor Wessing's Games Based Assessments). The cumulative hours and effort I have spent this cycle is unparalleled but all I've mainly been hit with is failed VIs and radio silence.
    I feel the exact same ngl. I’ve completed some VIs but don’t think they were the best. Just know you’re not alone and I completely understand how demoralising it can all be. All we can do is wait to hear back :) A lot of firms are still processing applications so don’t worry too much

Also I hate to be that person but when did you complete your Dentons VI? Best of luck :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.