TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2022
Thanks for this ! Can someone please explain to me what this means ? For example for one WG I scored in the 9th percentile and the other was 40th percentile, but I still failed both of them . Pls don’t laugh at my scores 😂😂
9th percentiel is better than 9 percent - so for example if u got 99th percentile u score better than 99% of people in the norm groupp - the norm group differs though , lots of firms use "2016 law students" but some use internal ones.

Reactions: cyberjaz1116

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thanks for this ! Can someone please explain to me what this means ? For example for one WG I scored in the 9th percentile and the other was 40th percentile, but I still failed both of them . Pls don’t laugh at my scores 😂😂
Unfortunately percentiles alone don’t mean much, especially across firms as they use different tests, can assess the WG in different ways (eg have different weightings on type of questions), and then also assess you against different norm groups (how you get the percentile ranking).

Even if the two tests you did were identical with the questions they asked you, one firm could have put more weighting on inference questions and then could assess you against the firm’s partners, while the other firm could have put more weighting on deduction questions and assessed you against anyone who completed secondary school level education.

Reactions: newtothis
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.