TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

lik0401

Legendary Member
  • Oct 30, 2022
    Hypothetically, is it often possible to switch between spring/summer vacation schemes if you end up having a clash? (I'm not in this quite fortunate position haha, just wondering as the places I am progressing with have vacs at the same time - and some have alternate schemes).

struggling2ndyear

Jul 18, 2022
    Hypothetically, is it often possible to switch between spring/summer vacation schemes if you end up having a clash? (I'm not in this quite fortunate position haha, just wondering as the places I am progressing with have vacs at the same time - and some have alternate schemes).
    The most I've seen personally is firms being willing to move you from, for example, Summer Scheme 1 to Summer Scheme 2. I've never seen a move to an entirely different scheme because usually they're completely full from their application process - although there might be some variance within firms!

Autotunedbird

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 15, 2021
    @Autotunedbird hi which of those did you hear back from?

I can't really see the list of firms I had listed that you are referring to but pretty much PFO from Hogan Lovells, DLA, Dentons and BCLP post-WG/SGT. CMS told me they're still processing applications even though I'm literally at the post-app stage and some people already have ACs and offers already (they do have a large intake so a little bit of hope left in me tbh) and I can ALREADY smell a pfo coming from Latham post-SGT, they just want to do it fatality style maybe? 😭 Waiting for CRS, Travers and Mayer Brown now

bhbuygu

Valued Member
  • Dec 23, 2022
    I can't really see the list of firms I had listed that you are referring to but pretty much PFO from Hogan Lovells, DLA, Dentons and BCLP post-WG/SGT. CMS told me they're still processing applications even though I'm literally at the post-app stage and some people already have ACs and offers already (they do have a large intake so a little bit of hope left in me tbh) and I can ALREADY smell a pfo coming from Latham post-SGT, they just want to do it fatality style maybe? 😭 Waiting for CRS, Travers and Mayer Brown now
    hi sorry to ask but did you do the VI for Dentons?

Reactions: Autotunedbird

Autotunedbird

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 15, 2021
    Puss In Boots Please GIF by Laff

Me looking at my remaining list of firms that haven't rejected me

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.