TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autotunedbird

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2021
We can honestly start gathering around the campfire for that incoming Latham PFO to come through

Kelly Clarkson Forest GIF by The Voice

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jan 13, 2021
A post-interview Cambridge reject here (and I'm still not over it almost a decade on lol), think about how salty I'll be when I receive that Shearman PFO 😅

hope you get a TC at your dream white shoe firm.

MANIFESTING WHITE SHOES FOR EVERYONE (BEFORE FALL)

Denver

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 20, 2020
According to legal cheek, 52% of their trainees are oxbridge; not even sure how to interpret that figure. But guess they need that talent given all the partners they're losing as a result of that Hogan merger lololol (can you tell that i'm hella salty about my impending pfo????)
Speaking of the Shearman merger, does anyone know what would happen to TCs if they merge? Would people work within the new firm, or could Hogan cancel Sherman's training contracts altogether?

WannaLaw99

• Jan 8, 2023
    Situational Judgement Test!
    Thanks! :)
    General question for the forum regarding Watson Glaser: On the WG Test itself, does it state whether a question is an Assumption/Interpretation/Deduction etc. questions?
    I'm doing a free one and they do state the category of question. It is helpful, but I want to prepare myself mentally if on the test itself, that isn't available :/

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jan 13, 2021
    Went to a trainee panel, they were all Oxbridge or Durham

I crashed a drink events of theirs recently - almost everyone I'd met went to Oxford. Also, I was like 1 of 3 people of colour in the room the entire night. I basically drank all their champagne and saw first-hand how pale, stale, and male commercial law can be.

rupaul-shade.gif

Cryingtiger

Valued Member
    Dec 11, 2020
    I crashed a drink events of theirs recently - almost everyone I'd met went to Oxford. Also, I was like 1 of 3 people of colour in the room the entire night. I basically drank all their champagne and saw first-hand how pale, stale, and male commercial law can be.

View attachment 4746
    You are HILARIOUS!!! 🤣🤣🤩

lawapplicant

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 19, 2023
    I crashed a drink events of theirs recently - almost everyone I met went to Oxford. Also, I was like 1 of 3 people of colour in the room the entire night. I basically drank all their champagne and saw first-hand how pale, stale, and male commercial law can be.

View attachment 4746
    Maybe the more senior lawyers there are more white, but I don’t think you can honestly say law firms have a problem in regards to hiring people of colour.
    Same with females of all ethnicities. On legal cheek, most law firms have a higher % of female associates.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.