TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

futureTS2025hopeful

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
A bit of a stranger question,
Is it normal for partners who interviewed you to not respond to thank you emails

I sent one to them after my AC (it was a generic thank you for your time etc) and did not receive a response or acknowledgement. Is this a bad sign?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
A bit of a stranger question,
Is it normal for partners who interviewed you to not respond to thank you emails

I sent one to them after my AC (it was a generic thank you for your time etc) and did not receive a response or acknowledgement. Is this a bad sign?
Exceptionally normal. Lawyers often don’t respond to things they don’t need to respond to. Unless your email had anything in it they had to respond to, it’s very normal for them to read it and delete it.

It’s not anything to do with you, it’s how they just deal with any correspondence.

jennifer

Esteemed Member
Oct 4, 2020
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can provide a bit more insight into how to build a rapport with the accessor. It is something I think I struggle with, especially when Im nervous during an AC and that English is my third language. Any advice is much appreciated :) <3

• 🤝
Reactions: HLL

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2022
Personally I wouldn’t look into what the report says at all.
My strengths were adaptability and creditability. Weakness was open connecter for those interested
"Personality" tests are BS. Just so people know for Simmons they can't weight it that heavy. I scored terribly in relation to their competencies. However the stuff that requires ACTUAL aptitude - numerical/comprehension element I did well on and got through to AC.

Reactions: newtothis

Sarah T

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 9, 2020
    "Personality" tests are BS. Just so people know for Simmons they can't weight it that heavy. I scored terribly in relation to their competencies. However the stuff that requires ACTUAL aptitude - numerical/comprehension element I did well on and got through to AC.
    Hey

Does that mean you need to score above average in the numerical and verbal to get through to AC for Simmons.

lawstudent22

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2022
    I've been offered a VS and have an interview with a different firm this week. However, the two firms have nothing in common. I don't know how to approach the question of where else I've applied. I'm worried if I say I have a VS offer with firm A, it will make me look inconsistent because many of the things that attract me to firm B aren't present at firm A. Does anyone have advice on what is best to do?

di

Star Member
    Sep 27, 2022
    I've been offered a VS and have an interview with a different firm this week. However, the two firms have nothing in common. I don't know how to approach the question of where else I've applied. I'm worried if I say I have a VS offer with firm A, it will make me look inconsistent because many of the things that attract me to firm B aren't present at firm A. Does anyone have advice on what is best to do?
    You do not need to mention the VS offer and also there is no way for them to check which other firms you have applied for.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.