TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshinepink

Legendary Member
  • Feb 1, 2023
    I’m not sure if it’s just me but is it wrong to apply to law firms months before the deadline? I applied for one in October time, I have heard nothing at all since despite others having VI’s days after sending their application and then progressing onto an AC. The recruiter said they were still going to send out VI’s but I’m coming to the conclusion that it may be highly disadvantageous to apply months before the deadline?. I applied to another firm like a week before the deadline and got an VI invite a few days later 😅

Phoebe123451

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 19, 2022
    does anyone know how many apps are sent into Simmons for the Bristol scheme? I'm assuming its less competitive than for London, but just wondering by how much. Also, how many TCs are offered for Bristol?

Ali A

Legendary Member
  • Feb 28, 2022
    Just received an AC invite for addleshaw goddard (london)- I had almost lost hope! If anyone has any tips/ advice/ insight and would be willing to share, please send me a message or reply to this thread! thank you :)
    Congrats! is this for spring or summer?

Can you also confirm whether you had the option to put down a second preference or were you only allowed to apply for one scheme?

Reactions: fiza_aleem

fiza_aleem

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 29, 2021

Can you also confirm whether you had the option to put down a second preference or were you only allowed to apply for one scheme?
    Thank you! :) It is for the spring VS and unfortunately I do not remember but most firms only allow 1 application per scheme so I presume that I only applied for spring. Hope this helps!

Reactions: Ali A

Ali A

Legendary Member
  • Feb 28, 2022
    Thank you! :) It is for the spring VS and unfortunately I do not remember but most firms only allow 1 application per scheme so I presume that I only applied for spring. Hope this helps!
    Ah, that makes total sense.

I don't know whether I should still hold out hope for a telephone interview for the spring scheme. Can you confirm when you completed the TI?

LJ

Distinguished Member
    Oct 17, 2022

You don't actually specify when you apply, the application just says Placement Scheme/ Training Contract. They ask you for a preference between Easter and Summer once you have been offered the VS. This is true for the London office at least and I guess the others work in the same way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.