TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmm123

Star Member
Jan 5, 2023
Does anyone have advice for interviews for the 'Why the firm' and 'Why law' questions? As these were questions within the application form itself, do we have to give different answers in interviews with grad rec?

@Jessica Booker Would love your advice on this. Thank you!

Noodles

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Feb 16, 2023
    Has anyone else not heard back from CRS post-app for their vacation scheme (first choice, spring; secondly, summer)?
    I haven't heard post-app. I attended their open day, and one of their trainees read through my application and said it was the best they'd read so far, guess there's a lot of good applications!

I got into a deep dark hole of looking back at last years VS app thread and I think SH didn't tell people until end of Feb / early March

(doesnt stop me from refreshing my emails)

I think with case studies if you're an automatic / definite no they send you a rejection within one week - then if you're a maybe or a yes then they wait until they have a pool of written case studies and then put forward the ones with the best scores (I think) so fingers crossed we got this! I hoping this elevates some of your worry as it means we're contenders (and this is a guess but at least passed their initial benchmark!)
    Is this for the spring or summer VS?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.