TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

law1234

• Nov 7, 2020
    Hey I wondered if anyone had any tips/info regarding how to find london accommodation for vacation schemes. I unfortunately do not have any family/friends that live there during the period so wondered what others do to live in london without paying a fortune for a hotel for the duration. Thank you.
    In addition to the suggestions above, I’d also look at AA4S. It was recommended to me on this forum and I’ve booked it for this summer - it looks comfortable enough, it’s a 25-30min bus away from the City, and it’s a pretty good deal (for London) at £200 a week!

Reactions: Jessica Booker

Camillepellicano

Mar 17, 2023
    Hey @Jessica Booker, I’m torn between accepting a spring scheme with a firm or requesting to move my scheme to summer.
    I’m an LLM student so the spring scheme would ‘disrupt’ my studies a little, but at the same time the spring scheme is only one week long while the summer one is two weeks.
    My main concern is that since spring is the ‘first batch’ of students it might be easier to secure a TC then, rather than in summer when they would have already granted some people TCs in spring.
    But at the same time, the spring scheme is shorter, so there is less time to impress.
    TIA 😊

Reactions: JessicaIsabelle

Lawstudent52

Standard Member
    Jan 31, 2023
    I have mentioned the following in earlier posts:

You may also want to look at the train/tube lines that come into near the office (such as Thameslink/Metropolitan line/Elizabeth Line) but that take you outside of London quickly. You’ll find cheaper accommodation but can often find quick ways to get into London. Just always worthwhile checking the peak day return train fare and adding that to your weekly spend to see if it is worthwhile.

Some of the private student halls tend to do reasonable deals for short term summer let’s - like this one: https://prestigestudentliving.com/s...don/charles-morton-court/premier-ensuite-plus
    thank you!!

Narince

Distinguished Member
    Nov 8, 2022
    Hey - definitely sent it to their direct grad recruitment email. They have responded before quite quickly.

It was this email:
    [email protected]

If anyone else can email too, that will be grand! :)
    Hey, I have called WC last week as I need to sort out my graduation dates so wanted to know when we would hear back, they said on Tuesday it would be in a week's time. So could be any time this week (fingers crossed!!)

RANDOTRON

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 11, 2021
    Or which practice areas they excel in/rank highly in would be helpful too!
    Hi there! You can have a look at the practice areas they excel in and rank highly here: https://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/fieldfisher/true-picture/137/1##firm-rankings. They also put out a press release discussing their ranking as of 2022: https://www.fieldfisher.com/en/insights/increased-rankings-for-fieldfisher-in-2022-chamber.

Competitors are firms like Addleshaw Goddard, Taylor Wessing, DWF, Osborne Clarke to name a few. One way you can identify who their competition is is by picking a few practice areas that Fieldfisher excels in and looking at firms which also rank in the same tier.

Hope this helps!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.