Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Should I put my work experience as a volunteer advisor at an advice bureau under the heading of relevant work experience or volunteering on my CV?
I generally advise removing "Relevant" from any heading in a CV - everything in your CV is relevant, so you don't have to designate experiences as such!

But it can be under work experience or volunteering - it is completely up to you as it is a bit of a grey area and really depends on how you have personally decided to structure your CV.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Yes, I have.
Then I would contact the firm, explain you have been advised that no one will be able to provide a reference until the end of January due to absence and that you are attaching a formal academic transcript in the hope that would be sufficient until an academic reference can be provided.

You may also want to ask your institution to provide the reference to you directly at the same time it is requested by the firm so that you can hold this and forward it to other firms as an interim measure in the future too.

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Then I would contact the firm, explain you have been advised that no one will be able to provide a reference until the end of January due to absence and that you are attaching a formal academic transcript in the hope that would be sufficient until an academic reference can be provided.
Thank you Jessica, should email them or call on Monday? I call them this morning but nobody is in the office.

ms167bs

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Nov 17, 2021
Does anyone know if you did not get a response from White & Case for WVS now, but have put down other intakes as the second choice, is there a chance that they will still contact you for progression for the latter cohorts?
In the same position. Waiting for a response for my VI but not sure if they will fill up spaces before I hear back and want to know I at least have a shot at the SVS intake

starman

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Jan 21, 2021
    because I doubt they'll be able to call 25 people in under an hour and 30 minutes. Don't think a single person has received an acceptance.
    Sounds logical to me. Unless one of these options is true:
    -> they have a backlog;
    -> they have already called people but none of them are present on the forum.

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: rose888

ms167bs

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 17, 2021
    Sounds logical to me. Unless one of these options is true:
    -> they have a backlog;
    -> they have already called people but none of them are present on the forum.

Good luck everyone!
    I agree! Someone got an AC offer on Monday that I saw, they also probably wont get back to anybody strictly by the deadline, firms are notoriously slow

Reactions: starman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.