TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Caroline1999

I went to complete my linklaters WG and it says I have until the 16th October to complete. However, I am worried that this is a glitch and i should only have had until the 10th (as I completed my CAPP assessment on the 5th).
If I complete it today would be application still be valid ?

mk506

Sep 2, 2022
I went to complete my linklaters WG and it says I have until the 16th October to complete. However, I am worried that this is a glitch and i should only have had until the 10th (as I completed my CAPP assessment on the 5th).
I think the deadline is for the CAPP assessment and the written application alone. So, it would make sense if they set a deadline for WG that is after the main deadline. Best of luck!

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
I'd almost just follow what it says and take until the 16th to complete it. Tale a screenshot of the message/bookmark the email that tells you that you have until the 16th so that you can present this to grad rec should any problems occur with you submitting your WG.

Reactions: Caroline1999

Dib312

Standard Member
Sep 27, 2022
If an application asks about any open days/events you have attended in the legal sector, does this mean you need to expand on why you attended, what you have learned from it etc.? Thank you :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
is 940 words about right for a cover letter (no word limit given)? - this looks to be about a page and a quarter/half on Word
It depends on the firm. Some have specific word counts or limit you to a page. For those that don’t, I generally say to aim for around 750-850 words if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.