TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmo15

Feb 16, 2022
Simmons & Simmons AC. would appreciate any help guys. Has anyone had experience of thier ACs and if so what tips do you have for me. Thanks
Congrats on the AC! Given the event, you might excelled in the video assessment test. Could you share your experience and what kind of abilities are they testing? Any insights on how to prepare for the test ? Are they also asking firm specific questions ?

Thank you for your time! All the best!

thirdtimelucky

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 12, 2019
    NRF telephone interview! Was wondering if anyone had any advice? The email said, "The interview will last no longer than 20 minutes and will be to explore your experience and motivations for applying."

Should I have specific NRF points prepared? The interview is in 2 days so not a whole lot of time.
    I hope I’m not too late! I was asked a mix of why law, why the firm, a teamwork question and a commercial question on a news story that related to one of the firms practice areas. It was with grad rec and only lasted 15 mins. It was really chill and as long as you have answers for those things (which I imagine you would as you’d have written about it in your cover letter) you’ll be fine! Best of luck :D

Reactions: Uvaia and sxw517

Samir_O

Legendary Member
    Oct 5, 2021
    Hi all, further to the above I have also just received the Watson Glaser invite from NRF. I was sent the artic shores assessment invite a couple days ago so I still have that to do. Didn't realise that NRF require 2 tests this year!

dd13

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Jan 8, 2022
    Hi all, further to the above I have also just received the Watson Glaser invite from NRF. I was sent the artic shores assessment invite a couple days ago so I still have that to do. Didn't realise that NRF require 2 tests this year!
    Same here. That said, the email stated that I have “successfully passed” the Arctic Shores test. Of course, this is very weird as I haven’t done it yet. I assume we have to complete both tests…

BM99

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 12, 2021
    Same here. That said, the email stated that I have “successfully passed” the Arctic Shores test. Of course, this is very weird as I haven’t done it yet. I assume we have to complete both tests…
    Hi what email did you receive about passing the Arctic Shores test?

dd13

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Jan 8, 2022
    Hi what email did you receive about passing the Arctic Shores test?
    I received an email today stating that I have successfully passed the initial screening and the Arctic Shores test, and that the next stage of the process is the WG test. I still have not taken the Arctic Shores one, so I’m confused as to why they’d send me an invite to the next stage directly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.