TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Travoni

Legendary Member
Jan 14, 2021
Just received a PFO for Clyde WVS - the email is a bit confusing though, can someone explain what this might mean:

Thank you for submitting your application and completing your online assessment for Clyde & Co's Winter Vacation Scheme.

Unfortunately, after reviewing your application, you did not meet the threshold to be invited to the assessment centre.

However, we remain impressed by your application and would like to keep your details on record for future vacancies.

Is this just them trying to be nice in their rejection or are they genuinely ‘impressed’ by my application. Confused.
Tbh I’ve received bunch of emails from firms like this. I think it’s their way of breaking the bad news.🙃🙃

laubedusixjuin

Esteemed Member
Oct 14, 2022
I'd personally wait until the end of next week before chasing - it is still quite early in the recruitment for Winter Schemes (which can often be only a few weeks before the programme starts). Depends when the programme starts though - as I know some are starting in November (which I find really bizarre to be running during term time).
I have been thinking this - I don’t know about other people, but for me, all of the winter vac schemes running are during term time, as my uni doesn’t finish until 16 December - has meant I barely applied for any

edenA

Oct 6, 2022
Hi @Jessica Booker,
Is it possible that BCLP changed the word count of the questions? I opened the applicaiton form and started working on it a coupleo of weeks ago and the word count for each question was the same as the one you have stated. However, I logged into the application today and the word count for the first 3 questions have changed to 500 words. Is this normal?
@Jessica Booker Has there been any answers for this? I'm in the exact same boat, went to submit my 200 word answers and now all 4 questions are asking for 500 words? Don't want to write an extra 1200 words if it's an error on the application form :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.