TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
Does anyone have any advice for A&O and Mayer Brown’s tests? I have applications ready to send for both firms, but I don’t want to send these until I’ve done a bit of preparation for the respective tests (as I think they’re both automatically sent). Thanks

Donuttime

Legendary Member
Premium Member
May 17, 2021
Jones Day Interview Invite!! For summer VS but it’s all the way in Jan end
Should I be worried it’s not sooner?? I’m an international student i can’t take part in spring.. Can someone pls let me know
Congratulations!!
No it’s not bad at all

It could potentially be that they are working through the winter and spring vacation schemes so they are inviting you for an interview in Jan when they start interviews for summer candidates!

Reactions: Cryingtiger

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Guys, I need your help. BPP is not answering the firm's request for an academic reference.
I have only one tutor left and he won't be back in the office until January 2023, he not listening to his voicemail and not answering his emails.
I tried to call every possible number at BPP, and raised queries but nothing so far. I spent 15K and am feeling quite desperate at the moment, what else can I do?

Reactions: Cryingtiger

Carli K

Oct 18, 2022
Hi, I just completed a VI and during two of the questions the timer didn’t show up on the screen so I’m not sure how long I spoke for for the first question and got cut off just before finishing the second one. Is this something worth flagging to graduate recruitment or should I just leave it?

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    Guys, I need your help. BPP is not answering the firm's request for an academic reference.
    I have only one tutor left and he won't be back in the office until January 2023, he not listening to his voicemail and not answering his emails.
    I tried to call every possible number at BPP, and raised queries but nothing so far. I spent 15K and am feeling quite desperate at the moment, what else can I do?
    Could you not possibly ask the firm whether you could change the source of the reference, due to this unforeseen circumstance, and contact a former tutor at the university you did your undergrad at?

Reactions: S87

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Could you not possibly ask the firm whether you could change the source of the reference, due to this unforeseen circumstance, and contact a former tutor at the university you did your undergrad at?
    Yes, I sent the email of one of my undergraduate professors, I hope it works. However, I also need someone who can swiftly reply. This process is daunting guys!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    This is exceptionally common with the reference process. Do you have any formal transcripts you could provide to the firm in the interim?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.