Status
Not open for further replies.

j.s.cox

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 29, 2022
    Hi Guys! Does anyone know if skadden, reed smith or simmons are rolling please?

At Skadden, they screen applications on a rolling basis and any that meet the benchmark are given a telephone interview. This is just to manage their workload, however, and applicants who apply on the deadline day will not be put at a disadvantage and their applications will be screened in the same way. That said, the earlier you apply, the earlier you will be able to reach the next stage (i.e. if you apply near the deadline, you'll likely have to wait until January to find out about TI's, but if you apply earlier, you may be able to do a TI earlier).

I can't help you with Reed Smith and Simmons, but hopefully this helps with Skadden!

• 🤝
    Reactions: average_jo123 and DTB

DTB

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 21, 2019
    At Skadden, they screen applications on a rolling basis and any that meet the benchmark are given a telephone interview. This is just to manage their workload, however, and applicants who apply on the deadline day will not be put at a disadvantage and their applications will be screened in the same way. That said, the earlier you apply, the earlier you will be able to reach the next stage (i.e. if you apply near the deadline, you'll likely have to wait until January to find out about TI's, but if you apply earlier, you may be able to do a TI earlier).

I can't help you with Reed Smith and Simmons, but hopefully this helps with Skadden!
    Thank you so much!!

• 🤝
    Reactions: j.s.cox

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    Hi Guys! Does anyone know if skadden, reed smith or simmons are rolling please?
    Pretty sure Reed Smith are non-rolling.
    “We do not recruit on a rolling basis. This means that we will not review any applications until after the deadline has passed. For the vacation scheme, we will also not be sending out invitations to the Situational Strengths Test or Virtual Interview until after the initial deadline has passed.” <— from their website :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: Adrian_S and DTB

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    Congrats!!!! Me too!! I have no idea but I do know that it is super competitive because I knew a few people that applied last year and they got rejected
    I went last year, and if I remember correctly, there were around 50 people there? That sort of ballpark, anyway! But they did mention that we had done well to get there :) I hope you enjoy the day - I remember it was super interesting last year!

Reactions: Rina and F99

ms167bs

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 17, 2021
    Would a WVS firm let me extend singing a training contract to do a VS in Spring? Would rather accept a TC from the SVS firm, but don't want to ask the WVS firm to swap to summer if it is something they would let me do. The SVS firm would not let me do a 'fast track' TC interview if I couldn't extend signing. Am final year Non-Law if that is a consideration

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.