Status
Not open for further replies.

B A

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 4, 2020
Has anyone received an interview invite this week for Shearman WVS? I'm still waiting for a response but I'm not sure whether they're still giving our interviews.

Reactions: mariistm

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Just wondering but could a (lack of) thank you email to a partner ever decide a choice a between candidates? I know when I was applying for IB it was standard to send one (and I often got responses/feedback), but I know it's not the norm for law firms from responses I've seen here.

Don't want it to look pushy/strange either

@Jessica Booker
Absolutely not. It will not influence the decision on your candidacy either way

The only time I have seen it cause a problem was when someone sent a long, apologetic and detailed email that went on about all the answers they would have given in the interview, which showed a complete lack of self-awareness.

Reactions: AvniD and samni

refy

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Mar 19, 2021
Hi guys, I have an interview coming up tomorrow however am recovering from a pretty bad illness and am worried this may impact my performance. Do I flag this to the interviewer beforehand?

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hi guys, I have an interview coming up tomorrow however am recovering from a pretty bad illness and am worried this may impact my performance. Do I flag this to the interviewer beforehand?
I'd call grad rec today and let them know as well- maybe they can reschedule it? If not, letting them know either way is good so that they have this information on hand. And do let your interviewer know too in case the interview goes ahead as planned. I hope you feel better soon🤞

Reactions: refy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.