Status
Not open for further replies.

j.s.cox

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 29, 2022
    Why are Withers vac scheme app questions limited to 60 words? Is that an error? I honestly don’t know how to answer these questions in such a succinct way. Any advice would be great!
    It's not an error. They try to see how concise you can be. I would try find the most valuable point you can make for each question and only talk about that. 60 words is actually a little more than you first may think.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Adrian_S

atelier

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 8, 2021
    Jones Day Summer VS! :) got a call yesterday morning.
    The partner was impressed apparently and offered me the option to choose Winter VS instead. Over the moon but I can't join the WVS (or even the Spring one) because I'm a tier 4 holder and term time clashes :( Since Jones Day operate on a rolling basis system and on the website it says "We offer around 15 training contracts per year and as the offers are made following each scheme and by nature of the rolling basis, we have the majority of vacancies available at the earliest point in the cycle (winter)"

@Jessica Booker or anyone who has insight in this, do you think I'll be disadvantaged by joining the Summer VS? I'm happy and worried at the same time haha

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    The partner was impressed apparently and offered me the option to choose Winter VS instead. Over the moon but I can't join the WVS (or even the Spring one) because I'm a tier 4 holder and term time clashes :( Since Jones Day operate on a rolling basis system and on the website it says "We offer around 15 training contracts per year and as the offers are made following each scheme and by nature of the rolling basis, we have the majority of vacancies available at the earliest point in the cycle (winter)"

@Jessica Booker or anyone who has insight in this, do you think I'll be disadvantaged by joining the Summer VS? I'm happy and worried at the same time haha
    Congratulations! This is fantastic news.

You won’t be disadvantaged so I wouldn’t worry about this.

They won’t offer all the places knowing there will be summer students to consider (and not all the winter/spring people will accept anyway). At absolute worst, they could always offer you a later TC intake and put you on a waiting list to start earlier.

• Love
    Reactions: atelier and aniraz

average_jo123

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 11, 2021
    Has anyone heard ANYTHING back from W&C since assessment centre? Hating this wait
    My White & Case WVS AC was on Tuesday 15/11/22. Grad rec told me at the end of my interview that they will aim to finalise WVS decisions by the end of this week - so I think that means they will send out offers by today and tomorrow and probably post-AC PFOs next week.

aishaalexandra

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Aug 3, 2022
    My White & Case WVS AC was on Tuesday 15/11/22. Grad rec told me at the end of my interview that they will aim to finalise WVS decisions by the end of this week - so I think that means they will send out offers by today and tomorrow and probably post-AC PFOs next week.
    Thanks! That's terrifying but good to know lol

jomar

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 20, 2022

I had the same thing happen to me - but HR said I would not be disadvantaged by this

Reactions: atelier

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    Can anyone indicate whether they think that no reply post watson glaser for the Hogan Lovells WVS is basically a rejection?

I applied on the deadline but seems like a sure PFO now.
    I’m not sure, however, I did contact them to ask for my WG score, and they encouraged me to reapply next year (despite having not received a formal rejection from them!)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.