TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

stone’sthrow

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Nov 9, 2019
    thanks for replying, yeah so I got a feedback report and basically most of my areas were in the middle. It says at the beginning that most people get the middle green dot and that it doesn't reflect badly on you if you do? Then I had two which were the lower dot, and two which were the higher one. WBU?
    I'm assuming just from browsing the forum that you should be getting the higher dot so above the average? I am just confused as to how you would get the higher one on so many categories. I just tried to be measured and patient when I sat the test so I don't know how I would have improved if I were to take it again.....
    Because if you match their categories but are the same as the 'norm' as it says at the start of the report, does that make you good enough to succeed there?

B A

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 4, 2020
    Did anyone attend the 'An Evening with V&E: Energy' event on 28 November? Please DM me or like this post if you did, I just need to ask a quick question.

Last edited:

gw9

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 28, 2022
    thanks for replying, yeah so I got a feedback report and basically most of my areas were in the middle. It says at the beginning that most people get the middle green dot and that it doesn't reflect badly on you if you do? Then I had two which were the lower dot, and two which were the higher one. WBU?
    I'm assuming just from browsing the forum that you should be getting the higher dot so above the average? I am just confused as to how you would get the higher one on so many categories. I just tried to be measured and patient when I sat the test so I don't know how I would have improved if I were to take it again.....
    I had mostly middle too, I think 6 higher and 1 lower - but I was low in creating social harmony which I don't think sounds great! It's so hard to tell what they're looking for and how they're testing for it in each game. Hoping norm is good enough too!

Reactions: stone’sthrow

stone’sthrow

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Nov 9, 2019
    I had mostly middle too, I think 6 higher and 1 lower - but I was low in creating social harmony which I don't think sounds great! It's so hard to tell what they're looking for and how they're testing for it in each game. Hoping norm is good enough too!
    Haha I got low in creating social harmony too! It must have been from one of the trickier games. Wonder if that's common as I definitely don't feel that reflects me at all!

Reactions: gw9

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    They want to know why we have chosen the specific location where we want to do a vacation scheme.
    Then I would try to use the word count to explain why that location is important for you, even if it’s just explaining that is where you have always been based or how you have connections to the location if it’s not somewhere you have lived before.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.