TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stasis

Distinguished Member
Mar 14, 2022
How long does it take to hear back from Hogan Lovells with a WG invite after submitting the initial application form? Also, did anyone receive an acknowledgement email that they received your application form? Thanks x
I'm not actually sure if it's automatic, but someone may be able to correct me. I've heard of people being rejected prior to the WG.

junedmalek

Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 31, 2022
For Baker Mckenzie's summer VS application - the first question on eligibility to apply states that Summer VS is open to penultimate/ second year of four year course, whereas the website says graduates are eligible to apply as well.

Was this a mistake on their application - any non law graduates applied to BM's summer VS?

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    For Baker Mckenzie's summer VS application - the first question on eligibility to apply states that Summer VS is open to penultimate/ second year of four year course, whereas the website says graduates are eligible to apply as well.

Was this a mistake on their application - any non law graduates applied to BM's summer VS?
    Graduates can ap[ply they had this last year and I applied.

Reactions: junedmalek

BubbleTeaFan

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2022
    does anyone know if you only have to take the A&O SJT once? i applied for their first year programme last year and was rejected after passing the benchmark for the test. I applied for their VS this year and have not received any emails regarding the SJT

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    does shoosmith recruit on a rolling basis?
    From their website:
    "Q: Do you screen applications on a rolling basis?
    Yes, we do assess applications on a rolling basis, but every application that reaches us by the application deadline will be assessed. Where possible we encourage you to submit your application at least a week before the actual deadline, this is to prevent you from having any last-minute technical issues or delays, and also enables us to manage our capacity to assess."

Reactions: BeGrateful.101
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.