Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
For a video interview they ask you to record a practice answer which isn't assessed. Do I need to actually record myself answering this?
If they ask you to, I would say you need to include it.

If it is optional (and worded in a way on the system to say it is an option to practice the video interview platform) then you don't.

sdsou

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 31, 2021
Hello! A question regarding CVs for vacation scheme applications: if we have attended that firm's Open Day or interacted with the firm at a law fair, should that be added to the "Legal Experience" section of the CV? Is it required to add a line summarising the take-aways from the same firm's event, especially if we have other legal experience to focus on? Thank you!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello! A question regarding CVs for vacation scheme applications: if we have attended that firm's Open Day or interacted with the firm at a law fair, should that be added to the "Legal Experience" section of the CV? Is it required to add a line summarising the take-aways from the same firm's event, especially if we have other legal experience to focus on? Thank you!
Open day is possible to add to a CV - you may want to create a separate heading/section that covers careers events like open days/insight programmes, training (e.g. things like Forage virtual work experience programmes) or any conferences you attend.

I wouldn't put law fairs or general careers events on a CV though - I would only include things you have actively been selected or invited to attend.

pb15

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2021
For the people who had the status of their application to DLA Piper updated on the 17th of November but had no correspondence - I emailed grad rec again and they said not to worry about the status on the portal as any updates will be communicated. It sounds like they haven’t made any decisions yet?
yeah i emailed asking the same question, and they told me the same thing too!

Reactions: RB2022
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.