TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2022
Just received a CMS WG - applied on the 24th. This is for Bristol so might explain the quick response. Does this mean they have ticked my application and review WG in isolation now or they will review holistically when my result comes through? Does anybody know?

yasmars

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 1, 2021
May I ask when did you apply? And did your portal updated since you submitted the test?
I applied on the 2nd of December. On the 5th of December my portal updated to ‘under review’ and hasn’t changed since. I completed the test about a week after I submitted my application. The only correspondence I have received from the firm is that I have passed the benchmark requirement.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    For those who submitted DLA Piper application. On your CV did you put next to your university name you classification but with mitigating circumstances. I mean is it ok to highlight on your CV in red that you have mitigating circumstances.

prospectiveswitcher

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Aug 18, 2022
    Hey.

Has anyone heard from Skadden yet?

I applied mid-november, and I haven't heard from them since.

Thanks
    In same boat. I applied near the deadline and haven't heard anything. I attended the open day and they did say that they are 'non rolling' and would only make decisions after the deadline, however have heard conflicting things here with people already being asked for telephone interviews?

Reactions: barbara and BEB

cyberjaz1116

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 31, 2022
    wondering anyone in the same boat as me regarding HSF spring vac scheme: applied 6th Nov, passed the benchmark, application reviewed 8th Nov. No updated status from the portal, no correspondence from grad rec as to pfo/offer:( is it possible to be waitlisted? Lol

Last edited:

laubedusixjuin

Esteemed Member
    Oct 14, 2022
    In same boat. I applied near the deadline and haven't heard anything. I attended the open day and they did say that they are 'non rolling' and would only make decisions after the deadline, however have heard conflicting things here with people already being asked for telephone interviews?
    i applied in September and was expecting to not hear anything until after the deadline, as they said applications were reviewed on a rolling basis but that no decisions would come until after the deadline, but I was invited to and had a telephone interview in late november / early december. they said that the AC would be held around right at the end of January and that we would hear about whether we were through to the next stage in early/mid January, so there are still a couple of weeks for more telephone interviews to happen

NW Law

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 20, 2021
    Hey - just double checking with everyone but does Latham & Watkins only recruit penultimates (law) for their vacation scheme?
    According to their website winter and summer vacation schemes are open to penultimate year law degree, final year non-law degree students, or beyond that. So you should be fine to apply if you're either of those or past that.

Reactions: BEB and futuretrainee202X
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.