TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2022
Hello TCLA community, Happy New Year. Does anyone know how long it takes for Kirkland & Ellis to respond after the submission of the application? Are they fast?
I think it could potentially depend on what scheme you applied for. I believe they hold interviews for their spring scheme in February, this will have to be after a VI which has to be reviewed so I suspect it won’t be too long for the spring scheme.

teddyowen34

Dec 15, 2021
I can't tell if this is good or bad haha, do you know which competencies they prefer?
I have seen comments from people who had vac schemes that there was no clear pattern amongst their group in vac schemes. They probably have a method, but I don't think it is as easy as 'this competency/WG percentage gets you in'. U are right in that 65th isn't looking great though. Honestly, hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Not that I think you should read much into it, but I applied last year and got rejected for the summer vac scheme. My top competencies were excellence and leadership preference, and the worst one was respect. I was in the 60th percentile in the WG. This year after having done a vac scheme and TC offer somewhere else, I am applying Direct TC, and my top competencies were motivation and critical thinking, my worst was commercial thinking, and my WG percentile was 77th.

lawstudent0303

Distinguished Member
Dec 8, 2022
I have seen comments from people who had vac schemes that there was no clear pattern amongst their group in vac schemes. They probably have a method, but I don't think it is as easy as 'this competency/WG percentage gets you in'. U are right in that 65th isn't looking great though. Honestly, hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Not that I think you should read much into it, but I applied last year and got rejected for the summer vac scheme. My top competencies were excellence and leadership preference, and the worst one was respect. I was in the 60th percentile in the WG. This year after having done a vac scheme and TC offer somewhere else, I am applying Direct TC, and my top competencies were motivation and critical thinking, my worst was commercial thinking, and my WG percentile was 77th.
Thank you so much for the detailed response! Congratulations on the TC offer and best of luck with the rest of your applications 🙂

Reactions: teddyowen34
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.