TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK02

Star Member
Premium Member
Jan 11, 2021
Hi guys, I just received a VI invite for Eversheds Sutherland but I'm really worried.

I hate video interviews and I'm terrible at them. The one minute prep time I always panic and it's barely enough to read the question and let it sink in. Also when answering I always run out of time (they've given us 2 mins)

It's also a strengths based interview with scenario qs which I've never done before.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Also if you guys have some example qs I'd be rly grateful.
Congratulations
I'm curious to learn when did you apply and for which office ?

Though, I don't have any particular advice or questions for a strength-based video interview since never experienced one.

F99

Legendary Member
Dec 1, 2021
Hi guys, I just received a VI invite for Eversheds Sutherland but I'm really worried.

I hate video interviews and I'm terrible at them. The one minute prep time I always panic and it's barely enough to read the question and let it sink in. Also when answering I always run out of time (they've given us 2 mins)

It's also a strengths based interview with scenario qs which I've never done before.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Also if you guys have some example qs I'd be rly grateful.
Congrats on receiving a VI invite! May I ask what you applied for and to which office? Also when did you apply if you don’t mind me asking? I haven’t heard anything so am beginning to think it’s a PFO!

FutureLawyer99

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Dec 28, 2021
Hi @FutureLawyer99, I haven't heard of a 'research-based' case study before 🧐 I'm guessing they'll need you to look up certain information or find information from a given set of materials. The goal should then be to draft or present your findings in a structured manner and justify how they are relevant to the questions/issues at hand. Have you found anything since you asked your question here that may confirm this?

To prepare for the case study, I'd recommend starting with this article here and supplementing it with this post here. These will give you a good idea of how to approach your prep, and then streamline it according to the requirements of a research-based case study. I also highly recommend booking a mock case study interview with us as this will help you understand where you can improve, what points you need to be making and how you can structure your presentation/findings.
Hi Avni,

Thank you for your response and I’ve not found any information on this ‘research-based’ case study, which is adding to my nervous aha. I assume it will be something to do with finding information. Thank you for adding some links to your comment. This would really help me in my preparation.

taetae

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Congrats on receiving a VI invite! May I ask what you applied for and to which office? Also when did you apply if you don’t mind me asking? I haven’t heard anything so am beginning to think it’s a PFO!
Thank you! I applied to the London Office on the day of the deadline (13th December). They should be responding to all people this week because when I attended their insight day they said all VIs would take place first week of January.

I hope you hear back soon!

• ℹ️
Reactions: F99 and lawyering
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.