TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

futuretrainee202X

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2022
Facts bro. Way to many people using this form as a copism tool. You should always assume you'll be rejected anyway.
This attitude is really unhelpful and demoralising to people in this forum and also to yourself. I would strongly suggest you reconsider the words you choose to communicate because it does affect mindsets and therefore results when progressing in law firm recruitment pipelines.

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jan 13, 2021
Hi @Jessica Booker :) Just curious, but applied to BCLP in early October and haven't received a response. Would going to the open day in February make a difference now that my application has been submitted? I'd have to take annual leave, but would be really happy to do so if it could help progress my application.

Lawstudent803

Nov 17, 2022
I haven't heard back either. My gut tells me it's a PFO; I wish they would just send it already rather than dragging it out. My application status still says 'in progress' as if they haven't seen it yet, which is very annoying. Can I ask when you applied?
I applied on the 6th of December, my application says the same thing.

D

Deleted member 24543

HSF isn't rolling- they told us at an open day they don't even know when applications were sent in when they review them. I haven't heard back either but I wouldn't overthink it until you get an answer (impossible to do I know!) Good luck.
thank you!! i think it’s just all the nerves from seeing so much going on ahh, application season is truly overwhelming

antisocial applicant

Esteemed Member
Jan 12, 2022
Anyone completed Mills & Reeve's online assessment? I'm not sure what to expect, is there a video interview element to it?
There's no video element, brudda. You can expect to rank what you would do in certain situations (or what you think Mills & Reeve would expect a future trainee to do) and then answer a long form written question bro. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.