TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

RB2022

Valued Member
Sep 28, 2022
Finished my first vi with baker. Spent hours prepping possible questions yet still absolutely bombed it with a defo pfo. Geez this is hard
exactly how I feel about my AC with links… spent so much time preparing and studying but only about 20% of what I’d expected came up 😂. definite PFO on my end as well.

• 🤝
Reactions: HLL

HLL

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Mar 26, 2021
exactly how I feel about my AC with links… spent so much time preparing and studying but only about 20% of what I’d expected came up 😂. definite PFO on my end as well.
It's defo a pfo for me but having my fingers crossed for you! At least you got to an AC and finished it! Should be proud!!

• Love
Reactions: RB2022

RB2022

Valued Member
Sep 28, 2022
It's defo a pfo for me but having my fingers crossed for you! At least you got to an AC and finished it! Should be proud!!
you’re too kind!! getting to the VI is an achievement too, so well done to you! I’m sure you did better than you think; my fingers are crossed for you as well 😊

• Love
Reactions: HLL

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Any thoughts on this? @Jessica Booker
To be safe, I would go with one day being the day the email was sent (even if it was late), and so if sent on the 6th, I would expect it would need to be completed by 23.59 on the 12th.

It would probably not time out until 23.59 on the 13th - but I wouldn't risk it.

Reactions: Ghana M. and F99

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I would love some advice on this too @Jessica Booker - thank you :)
Not at all - very common for people to ask for alternative AC dates due to other commitments.

The worst that can happen is they say no, and then you could always ask the other firm to change instead.

Unless it is exceptionally late in the recruitment process or the firm is only running one AC date, it will be fairly easy to move someone across to an alternative date.

• Love
Reactions: justhangingout

cls33

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 3, 2022
Has anyone received a WG invite from Bakers and are waiting to receive the email with the test link?

Got an email around a week ago saying 'an email will be sent to you in the next few days with details of how to undertake the test. You will have 7 days to complete the test, which starts when the test has been sent', so just assumed I would have it by now.

Prep999

Standard Member
Jun 22, 2021
Has anyone received a WG invite from Bakers and are waiting to receive the email with the test link?

Got an email around a week ago saying 'an email will be sent to you in the next few days with details of how to undertake the test. You will have 7 days to complete the test, which starts when the test has been sent', so just assumed I would have it by now.
congrats! When did you apply?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I was wondering if anyone had any advice about how to research firms competitors and which areas to look at specifically? :)

@Jessica Booker any advice would be appreciated :)
I would look at the firm's Chambers or Legal 500 rankings and see which other firms have a similar ranking - if these are either in the firm's core practice areas or in multiple practice areas, they are likely to be deemed a competitor. You could also see if they have been replaced on legal panels for major clients (these are sometimes announced in the legal press, although can often be behind a firewall/paid subscription like The Lawyer).

Reactions: Ameliaa
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.