TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

patternteddybear

Esteemed Member
Jan 4, 2023
anyone else feeling quite stressed about this whole process? most of my firms haven’t gotten back to me yet, and it’s really challenging to fight the urge to consistently check emails/email graduate recruitment. obviously my main priority is my degree, but it’s definitely terrifying to consider what happens if i do not secure a vacation scheme and convert it into a training contract.

sdsou

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 31, 2021
Does anyone have any advice on how to answer an application question that asks "If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?"

I don't understand the point of this question 😭

lawyering

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 29, 2020
I believe everyone has received the same email. By the way, it is an interesting strategy of sending us emails every other week to ensure we remember that we have applied to Clyde Co 😂

I hope that we will at least receive some good news soon!
Have not received this - am trying not to read into it tho! it’s possible that may be the purpose😂

Reactions: F99 and law23

starman

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Jan 21, 2021
    Does anyone have any advice on how to answer an application question that asks "If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?"

I believe you are talking about the application to Withers. How I managed to successfully get through this question is by picking a superpower that would facilitate the job of a lawyer - so think of some transferable skills and how superpowers would make you the best lawyer in the field in that particular skill.

Edit: ie flying - broader perspective on issues, x-ray - attention to detail and emotional intelligence etc.

DM me if you have some more questions.

Last edited:

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 8, 2022

just write "the power to write perfect applications that get me to interview 100% of the time."

futuretrainee202X

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2022

The power to pull clients through one chat. That will grab their attention and fast-track you to partnership!!! (obviously sarcastic haha)

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021

Oh God this is tough! 😂 It doesn't necessarily have to be law-specific but maybe things that could apply to your role as a commercial lawyer as well. Just throwing ideas out there - the power to extend the number of hours in a day, the power to work on different matters with the same level of attention at the same time, the power to teleport so you're on time everywhere without needing to commute and so have more time in a day as well etc. I guess you really could choose anything as long as you have a convincing reason behind it!

• ℹ️
    Reactions: HopefulFutureTrainee123

Kenny

Standard Member
    Nov 8, 2022

Simply say you don't want a superpower because you are perfect as it is. Also superpowers brew corruption and power abuse -> See Injustice and the Boys.

tc_hopeful

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 18, 2020
    I believe you are talking about the application to Withers. How I managed to successfully get through this question is by picking a superpower that would facilitate the job of a lawyer - so think of some transferable skills and how superpowers would make you the best lawyer in the field in that particular skill.

Edit: ie flying - broader perspective on issues, x-ray - attention to detail and emotional intelligence etc.

DM me if you have some more questions.
    hi there! would you mind if I dm-ed you as well? struggling with this as well o_O

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.