Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jan 13, 2021
1 Tell us about something - anything - that excites and inspires you.
2 Law firms are all different - tell us about three things, that you feel differentiate Baker McKenzie from other leading firms and encouraged you to apply?
3 Select three key skills that you believe are critical to the role of a commercial lawyer. How have you developed these skills?
:)

Thank you!!!!

• 🤝
Reactions: HLL

WindowsUpdate

• Sep 28, 2022
    1) Yes!
    2) So this is different from the first question because this one as you to talk about what you like about the firm and why, unlike the first question which asks you to talk about what you have learnt about the firm (this can be more generic and does not need to be linked to you in any way). Definitely ensure that you answer why you are interested in applying to the Diversity Access Scheme as well - what makes you a good fit, what motivates you to apply etc.
    Thank you for your input @AvniD 😄 When you say the answer to the 1st question can be more generic, do you mean in the sense that it can simply be listing facts about the firm like it has X amount of offices, ranked Tier 1 in XYZ etc? I'm hesitant in my answer because it almost feels too simple? and I'm trying to figure out what they're looking for in a "good" answer for this, apart from showing research skills (I'm assuming).

mdoeslaw

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 9, 2023
    I'd love to know if anyone knows and can inform me if Slaughters drills you down on the question of whether you've applied to other law firms like do they ask you to speak about another firm or simply use it to bounce on an implicit q of 'Why Slaughters?'

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.