TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

patternteddybear

Esteemed Member
Jan 4, 2023
Can I ask how many questions you got and how long each one was and how long you had to prepare?

Thank you in advance.
yes of course! i had 5 questions, and i was given 30 seconds to prepare each one. and then i had 2 minutes to answer each question, which felt like more than enough time.

i made sure to have two parts to my answers and used that to help with my timing. so i spent a minute on each part of my answer if that makes sense. the questions were a mixture of strength and firm related questions. make sure you have examples of work experience and also know a fair amount about the firm :)

Reactions: Ali A

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2022
Is anyone still waiting for DLA?
I am, really annoying how they are taking so long. idc if its a pfo but just let us know? people who applied after me have now heard back so I am unsure? The fact that some firms seem to be able to reply within a week and receive thousands of apps but some take months confuses me tbh.

A lot of firms claim to have psychometric testing to narrow down applicants because they get so many apps but then still take months to reply. idk how DP can offer me an interview in 5 days after receiving my app and RPC can go through the whole process within a week.

Reactions: born&raised

TheBestSolicitorInTheWorld

Distinguished Member
Nov 10, 2022
I am, really annoying how they are taking so long. idc if its a pfo but just let us know? people who applied after me have now heard back so I am unsure? The fact that some firms seem to be able to reply within a week and receive thousands of apps but some take months confuses me tbh
Exactly, I feel like my WG went well so idk what's taking so long. I guess the only good thing is that since it's a summer placement we don't have to worry to much just yet. I'll get concerned if it reaches March and I still haven't heard anything though.

Reactions: CorpLawyer00
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.