TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harrison.jm

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2022
Does anyone think Bakers sent all AC invitations for spring VS ? Still didn’t hear anything and the first AC is in 24th Januar
Thanks for replying. It was in the email of invitation to the VI. There are 24, 26, 31 and 2nd Feb. So all dates are close.
I got an email on a Wednesday for an AC on a Monday. Since I believe two batches for Spring were sent out early next week will probs be hearing from them

Ali A

Legendary Member
  • Feb 28, 2022
    For anyone who applied to CMS and has completed the WG waiting for a VI, are you just assuming PFO now as well?

I really felt like I passed the WG. However, I have seen people who did the WG after me get VI invites and they have already held two AC's I think.

What do people think?

• 🤝
    Reactions: BeGrateful.101

Tattyasha

Distinguished Member
    Jan 15, 2023
    Has anyone else noticed the spelling errors on Dechert's website? Being the cynic I am I'm wondering if it's deliberate to see who points it out. But then I'm torn wondering do they like it being noted (attention to detail) or do they see it as obnoxious? Ahh why does this process make me over-think EVERYTHING?

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    Has anyone else noticed the spelling errors on Dechert's website? Being the cynic I am I'm wondering if it's deliberate to see who points it out. But then I'm torn wondering do they like it being noted (attention to detail) or do they see it as obnoxious? Ahh why does this process make me over-think EVERYTHING?
    Haha yes, I did notice them! I decided not to say anything, as I doubt they'd want hundreds of emails telling them so! (+ I did pass the app stage, so not pointing it out didn't impact my app).

nb. I've also seen errors on maybe 10 other websites, so I think (hope) it just proves that the firms are human!

Reactions: yasmars

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    If a firm asks about a "business development opportunity", could this be something like a new client? Things like their sector offering, practice area offering, and tech solutions offering all seem really good, and I can't find obvious improvements other than an expansion of a sector or a new client. TIA.
    @Jessica Booker would love your opinion on this :)

Tattyasha

Distinguished Member
    Jan 15, 2023
    Haha yes, I did notice them! I decided not to say anything, as I doubt they'd want hundreds of emails telling them so! (+ I did pass the app stage, so not pointing it out didn't impact my app).

nb. I've also seen errors on maybe 10 other websites, so I think (hope) it just proves that the firms are human!
    Well I did think that too, but then thought, surely people must have mentioned it to them so why haven't they amended it? That's when my conspiracy theories started haha. Well done on passing the app stage! I've got a pretty strong feeling I won't have passed any. 😩

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.