TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michalis Kyriacou

Premium Member
Jan 3, 2023
Hey everyone,

I have an in person AC coming up, and am wondering if I should bring anything with me. If so, do people just bring backpacks/bags with them?

Thanks
Hey,

did an AC in person last week and they provided everything a person may require. I also think that firms do not want you to take your own things for fairness reasons. However, i guess it depends on the firm as well. Perhaps you should drop grad rec a quick email. Best of luck :)

Tattyasha

Distinguished Member
Jan 15, 2023
Please could I ask for some insight into the L&W Behavioural Assessment (SJT) in terms of outcomes. I’ve been trawling forums for a while but not found much around feedback.
Being completely transparent mine came back:
Strengths - Effective communication and judgment
Development - Personal responsibility

I’ve no idea whether this is good, bad or ugly and would love to know other’s results/if you progressed to the next stage. Of course, I know they won’t be viewed in isolation but I’m curious as to whether a result like mine could be positive or negative.

@Jessica Booker your insight would be super if at all possible please.

Have a lovely evening all 🙏

N_16

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 11, 2022
How do you guys cope with this? It’s ridiculous. I’m on edge constantly. I know a watched pot never boils but I’m checking my emails constantly. Not had anything back from anyone yet. One minute I’m gutted not to have heard from anyone but the next I’m relieved as no news is good news and not a PFO. The suspense is killing me (well, lack of control lol)
Ikr! The worst thing is I'll be refreshing my emails constantly and get nothing, but then I'll be in the middle of a class and get an email (had two rejections so far and both were in the middle of classes).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.