TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

ms167bs

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Nov 17, 2021
Is it okay if I ask whether you were fast-tracked to the AC? I haven't received any news from Links and seeing people receiving AC invites/AC success stories is freaking me out.
Grad Rec told my friend they would start reviewing VIs mid-week so we should hear back either this week or next week

Cryingtiger

Valued Member
Dec 11, 2020
Hey everyone,

I have an in person AC coming up, and am wondering if I should bring anything with me. If so, do people just bring backpacks/bags with them?

Thanks
Hey!

Yes, you can take a handbag or backpack with you. I normally take my backpack, and leave it in the sitting area where all candidates sit. GR have no issue with bags or coats.

Hope your AC goes well :)

qmul1907

• Feb 2, 2022
    Does anyone have any advice on what to do in the following situation:

• You apply to a firm's A summer scheme. This firm also has a spring scheme - you get invited to the AC for the summer scheme.
    • Before attending Firm's A AC you accept an offer for an other summer scheme at Firm B - the dates of the two summer schemes overlap completely.
    • You want to nevertheless be considered for the spring scheme at firm A - what is the best approach to ask graduate recruitment from Firm A to have you sit the spring scheme AC and be considered for the spring scheme.

Would you inform gradrec at Firm A that you have an offer from their direct competitor but that you still are really keen on having the possibility of having a scheme with Firm A?

N.B. Firm's A spring and summer scheme application were the same and closed on the same deadline - to the best of my understanding Firm's A AC's are done at the same time for both schemes.

Thanks in advance

@Jessica Booker

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Does anyone have any advice on what to do in the following situation:

• You apply to a firm's A summer scheme. This firm also has a spring scheme - you get invited to the AC for the summer scheme.
    • Before attending Firm's A AC you accept an offer for an other summer scheme at Firm B - the dates of the two summer schemes overlap completely.
    • You want to nevertheless be considered for the spring scheme at firm A - what is the best approach to ask graduate recruitment from Firm A to have you sit the spring scheme AC and be considered for the spring scheme.

Would you inform gradrec at Firm A that you have an offer from their direct competitor but that you still are really keen on having the possibility of having a scheme with Firm A?

N.B. Firm's A spring and summer scheme application were the same and closed on the same deadline - to the best of my understanding Firm's A AC's are done at the same time for both schemes.

Thanks in advance

@Jessica Booker
    Yes - just contact firm A and ask whether you can be considered for the Spring scheme instead as you have secured another vacation scheme that would be at the same time.

Be prepared for them to say no and that your only other choice would be to proceed with the summer VS AC and potentially renege your offer for Firm B.

Also see if neither of these are suitable whether you can be considered for a direct TC process instead (again, the answer could be no).

Reactions: qmul1907

Arch1234

Jan 5, 2023
    Anyone who applied for Simmons London office was the only application question the ‘details of positions of responsibility, skills and achievements’ question?
    I’m applying for the Dublin vac scheme and I’m a little thrown by the lack of application questions?

Reactions: Sc924
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.