Status
Not open for further replies.

cls33

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 3, 2022
Any help would be appreciated.
I received an AC invitation for Bakers, but it's virtual. Is this for everyone or there are some exceptions ? Because I don't see the reason behind this decision.
I find it quite difficult to stand out in a virtual AC.
Any thoughts please !!!
Hey, congrats on the AC! Is this for the spring or summer vac scheme?

justhangingout

Distinguished Member
Oct 19, 2021
Law firms should hire people whose only job is to provide feedback to applicants who have been unsuccessful post-app. TELL US WHAT WE DID WRONG - was it the answers, was it the SJT, was it the WG?? I really don't understand how we're expected to improve if firms provide no feedback whatsoever lol
not much gain for them to be fair - especially when there are so many events already run for improving on applications

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Law firms should hire people whose only job is to provide feedback to applicants who have been unsuccessful post-app. TELL US WHAT WE DID WRONG - was it the answers, was it the SJT, was it the WG?? I really don't understand how we're expected to improve if firms provide no feedback whatsoever lol
I really wish it was that simple - even if we ignore the costs associated with doing that, it isn't a role that would hold anyone's attention for more than a couple of weeks.

Bubbles

Legendary Member
Jan 19, 2022
I really wish it was that simple - even if we ignore the costs associated with doing that, it isn't a role that would hold anyone's attention for more than a couple of weeks.
Fair enough , I guess I'm just tired of spending hours on applications of firms I like and fhen hearing that the standard of apps was high and the end decision was very difficult 🤣

hanz123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 16, 2022
Exactly it's so frustrating, how are we meant to know what to improve on?

• 🤝
Reactions: Bubbles

hanz123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 16, 2022
Any tips on how to answer this question: Give an example of a recent legal decision that is relevant to Bevan Brittan's business which you strongly agree or disagree with. Why?

hirene

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 2, 2022
Does anyone know if Paul Hastings hires through their informal vac scheme or mostly through the direct TC route?
When I went to their open day last year they said they only recruit through direct TC , and as far as I remember they were quite reluctant about the idea of vac scheme and how students are assessed throughout the whole week or two and I didn't know they had an informal vac scheme hmm

• 🤝
Reactions: readylawyer1
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.