TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

yasmars

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 1, 2021
I saw some asking when Mayer Brown got back abt the test. For me (Summer) I applied on 7 Jan and got an invite to the test on 16 Jan, and they sent the feedback report of my test on 24 Jan.

Haven’t heard back from it though, but considering the feedback for my test we’re all below average to average in all sections, I’m not expecting much 🥴

Was the test timed ?

Ghassen

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 24, 2022
Just wondering if anyone has a response? :)
In the application form, literally ask "why" for every sentence you write about the firm, and relate it to your own experience. Nothing should be generic in your application. Make the sentences as much simple as possible and try to mention every single experience that helped you gain a transferrable skill. Researching the Firm to see what fits you is important as well.
For the WG or SJT tests, you need to practice as much as you can and I am attaching a cheat sheet doc that helped me for WG test.
Just reach the VI stage, and I will give you the rest of advice ;)
I am trying to help because I always ask questions in the forum and rarely get a response.
Hope that it helps.

• 🏆
Reactions: EliteWhovian

bhbuygu

Valued Member
  • Dec 23, 2022
    In the application form, literally ask "why" for every sentence you write about the firm, and relate it to your own experience. Nothing should be generic in your application. Make the sentences as much simple as possible and try to mention every single experience that helped you gain a transferrable skill. Researching the Firm to see what fits you is important as well.
    For the WG or SJT tests, you need to practice as much as you can and I am attaching a cheat sheet doc that helped me for WG test.
    Just reach the VI stage, and I will give you the rest of advice ;)
    I am trying to help because I always ask questions in the forum and rarely get a response.
    Hope that it helps.
    You’re such a legend for this! I’m now at the AC stage so any insight would be amazing! Also, I’m not very experienced but you can always pm me if you have any questions :)

Wazflame

Sep 11, 2022
    Has anyone done a written Case Study assessment as part of an AC? I've got one for Ashurst which is remote, which has details to log into their webpage, but also separate Zoom details.

I'm just a bit confused as to what Zoom is used for so was just wondering how things are structured?

Thanks!

N_16

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 11, 2022
    I had the same feedback! Below average in all sections... Although I did well in most of them. I don't know if this is a direct eliminatory factor or we still have chances to go through.
    I had all average, one below average and one above average and got rejected - since the application form does not have many written questions, I think a lot of the decision must be based on the test.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Does anyone know what’s the chance of getting a paralegal position using flex legal?
    I am currently working with Flex, so can provide some insight.

It does depend on what you are looking for, where you are looking, and what type of experience you have. The team are busy though and working on a range of larger paralegal projects and individual roles, so I don't see any harm in at least registering with Flex - the team will at least keep you in mind and up to date with opportunities when they arise.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.