TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK105

Esteemed Member
  • Mar 7, 2021
    For those of you who have done the CMS AC, I know that there was a case study. I’m not asking for much information, but can I at least know what did that case study involve. I’m not obviously asking for the topic or anything. All I want to know is did it involve a PowerPoint, presenting a word document that you had to write up etc.

F99

Legendary Member
    Dec 1, 2021
    Called GR yesterday, and they said we should see an update today.

I think our PFOs are en route but really don't know why. I did my VI back in November, and at a law fair I was told that VIs are screened by third-party agencies, and everyone passes the benchmark will get an AC

I worked as an Intern for Clyde in their oversea-offices so I pretty much like the firm, but their recruitment process is really unclear and exhausting.
    Really? That’s strange as I emailed them this morning and they said we would hear within the next couple of weeks... do you/anyone know the actual dates of the ACs? I’d say if they told you that you would hear today that’s probably a good sign for you!

lik0401

Legendary Member
  • Oct 30, 2022
    Just got a Goodwin interview - hour long on zoom!

Does anyone know if this is the final stage of the application, or if there is an AC after? I'm slightly confused as the website says something about a written task, but I haven't heard anything about that from Goodwin directly - is the written test the next stage post-interview (if successful)?

lw2000

Distinguished Member
    Aug 19, 2021
    Looking for some guidance - is it okay to mention a legal job I'm starting in 2 weeks on my cover letter? Its not a vacation scheme or anything, just thought it would show some commitment to the law but I can't really talk about what it involves yet so would it be okay to mention it in passing in the introduction/about me bit?

Shi

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    Really? That’s strange as I emailed them this morning and they said we would hear within the next couple of weeks... do you/anyone know the actual dates of the ACs? I’d say if they told you that you would hear today that’s probably a good sign for you!
    I got an email last week saying 'The Graduate Recruitment team are currently in the process of screening applications.

As a reminder, if you are successful you will be invited to an Assessment Centre. This will take place either on 7th or 9th February 2023.

Please ensure you will be available on these dates.'

Reactions: F99

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Looking for some guidance - is it okay to mention a legal job I'm starting in 2 weeks on my cover letter? Its not a vacation scheme or anything, just thought it would show some commitment to the law but I can't really talk about what it involves yet so would it be okay to mention it in passing in the introduction/about me bit?
    Yes, it is fine to reference it briefly.

Reactions: lw2000

readylawyer1

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 16, 2021
    Could anyone give me advice for Akin Gump's TI? :)
    It's a really chill and standard TI, so really know the classics 'why you', 'why Akin' and 'why law', I would have a few questions prepared to ask at the end (keeping in mind who is leading your interview - so if it's grad rec ask questions that a grad rec person could answer). With me there were no follow-up questions, so I would say pay attention to the question and answer fully.

Reactions: TS.Law and NMA

lawyering

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 29, 2020
    I got an email last week saying 'The Graduate Recruitment team are currently in the process of screening applications.

As a reminder, if you are successful you will be invited to an Assessment Centre. This will take place either on 7th or 9th February 2023.

Please ensure you will be available on these dates.'
    Is this for Spring?

Just interested to understand why they say ‘as a reminder’ because nothing on their website seems to indicate that these are their AC dates. For Spring and Summer it just says February/March 2023 !

Shi

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    Is this for Spring?

Just interested to understand why they say ‘as a reminder’ because nothing on their website seems to indicate that these are their AC dates. For Spring and Summer it just says February/March 2023 !
    Yes & I also have no ide why they say that. This is the first time they confirm their AC dates.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.