gw9

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 28, 2022
progressed to taylor vinters’ ‘arctic shores’ round. no idea what this is hahah
Taylor Vinters 'Arctic Shores' test! Anyone have any experience with this? lol
Is it the Arctic Shores games-based assessment? I did one of those for Taylor Wessing - it's basically just a series of minigames so there's not much prep you can do really. Just make sure you're focused and have enough time to complete it fully!

Reactions: CorporateCrocodile

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
Is it significantly harder to get an offer from Dechert if you’re not a member of aspiring solicitors? I tick multiple boxes but have never signed up as I feel I would be taking help from someone who needs it even more than myself, and I’m hoping it won’t disadvantage me!

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
Thank you, thought that too but wasn't too sure as in my AC schedule there are 15 minutes for 'interview prep'
Oh that’s really strange - I haven’t received my schedule yet as I had to move onto the later AC. I assume it’s just so there’s a break between a different exercise and the interview? Last year there wasn’t a case study element!

Reactions: ECNWalker

justhangingout

Distinguished Member
Oct 19, 2021
Simmons PFO. They say they’ve reached capacity with applications and are no longer reviewing. Does this mean they haven’t marked my VI? :(((
I don't particularly understand why law firms do this because they miss out on recruiting potentially the best talent for the firm. Why set a deadline if the real deadline is a month before? Simmons might have missed out on someone who would have added real value to their firm so take your potential to the next app!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.