TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshinepink

Legendary Member
  • Feb 1, 2023
    Hi all! I'm in the process of making a table of each firm's recruitment process. I'd love if people could share their knowledge on the recruitment processes they are familiar with and let me know if I have any incorrect information in the table (hoping this can be useful to future aspiring solicitors).
    Hey, looking at this; someone replied to my comment saying that Addleshaw Goddard had their AC's last week but from your table was the AC last week for the training contract ONLY applications?

lawapplicant

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 19, 2023
    I wasn’t told anything or emailed at all, was it for the vacation scheme/Training Contract or just training contract? Is it normal to not hear anything back at all?
    It was for Vacation scheme application. There may be more ACs to be held, I’ve no idea. If they haven’t sent you a VI by now then I would assume rejection icl.

Reactions: Sunshinepink

Sunshinepink

Legendary Member
  • Feb 1, 2023
    It was for Vacation scheme application. There may be more ACs to be held, I’ve no idea. If they haven’t sent you a VI by now then I would assume rejection icl.
    Yeah, you have a point. I completed a VI for a different firm like at the start of January but i only realized this website was a thing like an hour ago (thank goodness) so i'm really thinking now. Do they not usually send an email to say when someone has been unsuccessful, i got that from a different firm this week.

lawapplicant

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 19, 2023
    Yeah, you have a point. I completed a VI for a different firm like at the start of January but i only realized this website was a thing like an hour ago (thank goodness) so i'm really thinking now. Do they not usually send an email to say when someone has been unsuccessful, i got that from a different firm this week.
    Yes they will do so eventually.

Denver

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 20, 2020
    Has anyone been able to get a response from Linklaters' grad team? I emailed over a week ago regarding my WG test score and haven't heard anything back.

Ambs123

Legendary Member
    Feb 19, 2021
    With Addleshaw, they said rejections all at once, once they have finished recruiting for their VS. That’s what I remember from a few years ago. They definitely don’t reject as they read apps

Reactions: hanz123 and Sunshinepink
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.