TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

malae

Standard Member
Nov 19, 2022
Hey I got a VI for Kennedys. However just wanted to check, I’m penultimate year and applied for the 2024 TC, have I applied for the wrong year? Super confused! Thank you
If you are a law student then yes - you should have applied for 2025 I think. SQE takes a year, so if you graduate next year, you cannot start until 2025. If you are non-law, then you should not have applied at all this cycle but in your final year instead, again for 2 years in advance so for 2026 :)

Ameliaa

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 4, 2022
Hey I got a VI for Kennedys. However just wanted to check, I’m penultimate year and applied for the 2024 TC, have I applied for the wrong year? Super confused! Thank you
Yes if its through the traditional route, but I'm surprised they wouldn't pick up on it? Did you apply for the SQE route? Because they do allow you to complete the SQE alongside your TC. So if you graduate next year July, you probably would be able to begin in 2024 - as they basically do the SQE alongside training

bibss

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2020
Strange situation.

I was rejected from a firms vacation scheme post application but my application for their open day was successful.
Sorry to hear! This tends to happen a lot though, as usually firms have more stringent requirements and more competition for vac scheme aplications. I wouldn't worry too much about it though... just keep going

• 🤝
Reactions: Autotunedbird and newtothis
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.