TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

berrysmooth

Standard Member
Oct 25, 2022
If one large company in one sector acquires another smaller company in the same sector, would that be considered an acquisition or a merger? I am super confused as to how the structures would be different.

futuretrainee202X

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2022
And if the company that they are acquiring is smaller and does not have any stock/shares available, would the method of transaction be through an asset purchase?

Lol sorry for the dumb questions, just trying to learn :)
FYI if they have no available shares, the company can always allot more shares. There are other issues that will need to be addressed (i.e., pre-emption rights, which is the right of existing shareholders to be offered those shares before any third party buyer).

CallumJR

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 16, 2020
Has anyone completed a written exercise / case study? I was just invited to a written exercise and it is tomorrow!!! I literally have only today to prepare.

I have never completed a written exercise. (Honestly, do not even know what it is). Would anyone be so kind and share tips how to prepare for written excercises in general?

Are there any recources to prepare for a written exercise (on TCLA or any other website)?

come on please GIF by True and the Rainbow Kingdom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.