TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoebe123451

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 19, 2022
    also for those who have done the mayer brown tests - for the reasoning one, I received 'average' in literally every category? I'm assuming there's a 'high average' echelon, so does anyone have experience with how they decide who gets to progress? Especially with the lack of app questions, I'm worried I'm going to be unpalatably average 😭

candyfloss4534

Oct 21, 2022
    also for those who have done the mayer brown tests - for the reasoning one, I received 'average' in literally every category? I'm assuming there's a 'high average' echelon, so does anyone have experience with how they decide who gets to progress? Especially with the lack of app questions, I'm worried I'm going to be unpalatably average 😭
    hey! did you have to request the report?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi, I got to the VI stage of a law firm and reviewed my application again. I then realized that I made a mistake on the application regarding my grades. Should I tell grad rec right now? Also @Jessica Booker
    I would wait to see if you are invited to the next stage and if so then explain before you book in/complete the next stage.

CorporateCrayfish

• Jan 16, 2022

Hi, if you don’t mind me asking - how long after the tests did you hear back and get the report? Thank you

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    Unsure how they choose people. However, the next stage is the job simulation exercise; since no person is required to run this, and the results only have to be reviewed, I’m hoping that a large percentage of applicants will receive it?

• 🤝
    Reactions: Phoebe123451

Sarah T

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 9, 2020
    How long did it take for you to receive your report after you took the tests?

lik0401

Legendary Member
  • Oct 30, 2022
    Hey! Does anyone have any experience with Arnold Porter - from insight events, previous applications or schemes? I’m finding it a little hard to get concrete information about their VS & TC (beyond their brochure).

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    Hey! Does anyone have any experience with Arnold Porter - from insight events, previous applications or schemes? I’m finding it a little hard to get concrete information about their VS & TC (beyond their brochure).
    Hi, their grad rec is lovely! Drop an email and ask if you can talk to a trainee/similar - she said yes to me previously ☺️

Reactions: Phoebe123451

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    @Jessica Booker if you have good ideas/decent responses in an interview, does it matter that your answers aren’t completely polished? And is saying “um” or “you know” more than a couple of times a certain rejection? Thank you ☺️

(Also thank you so much for all of your help so far - we’re all ridiculously lucky to have you!!)

Tattyasha

Distinguished Member
    Jan 15, 2023
    Morning comrades.
    So I appear to have got over checking my emails every 90 seconds to see if I’ve heard back from any firms post app. Phew! But I’m now on checking to see if I get an outcome following the WG I did last night 🙈
    That was intense. I had never done one before so spent all day yesterday practicing and then went in full throttle around 10pm.
    If my rehearsals were anything to go by then I’ve done alright but, like anything in this game, who knows?
    Has anyone else done WG for Akin recently? How long after you did it did you hear back, either positively or otherwise?
    Still nothing from Latham, Kirkland, Covington, Shearman, Gibson Dunn, V&E, Sidley or Ropes post app. Pretty sure first couple are duff now but have flicker of hope left for the others.
    Rooting for you all, as always! Keep smiling ☺️

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    @Jessica Booker if you have good ideas/decent responses in an interview, does it matter that your answers aren’t completely polished? And is saying “um” or “you know” more than a couple of times a certain rejection? Thank you ☺️

(Also thank you so much for all of your help so far - we’re all ridiculously lucky to have you!!)
    Most people will say umms or you knows occasionally - this is not going to be an issue unless it’s excessive (which a couple of times is not).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.