TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLord Denning

Esteemed Member
Dec 18, 2020
but isn't overrepresentation great for everyone because it helps to correct historical bad stuff in society? do you really not think we should at least have quotas to balance out the population at partner level??!?
Not really because you

1. can't punish people for the sins of their fathers
2. don't know the exact amount to correct by - overcorrection is still discrimination

LordDenning

Standard Member
Feb 9, 2023
Not really because you

2. don't know the exact amount to correct by - overcorrection is still discrimination
1. many groups were punished for things much worse than daddy's sins
2. sometimes you have to overcorrectify daddy to make things better.

pineappleonastick

Standard Member
Feb 9, 2023
but isn't overrepresentation great for everyone because it helps to correct historical bad stuff in society? do you really not think we should at least have quotas to balance out the population at partner level??!?
I agree, but shouldn't we have some sort of social credit system too so we can keep track of who is behaving correctly?

Harrison.jm

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2022
I am reposting this again. Please any insights.
What does it mean when a GR member views your linkedin profile after an AC ? Is it common for every candidature review or is it a good sign ?
Thanks.
Maybe you mentioned an experience not on your initial app? I would take it as they're looking at some info on you

Reactions: Ghassen

Denver

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 20, 2020
Not really because you

1. yea would be nice; why don't we cancel gov debt levels while we are at it, since our 'fathers' are responsible for that too. I'll tell Rishi :')

• Haha
Reactions: mdoeslaw

NotLord Denning

Esteemed Member
Dec 18, 2020
1. yea would be nice; why don't we cancel gov debt levels while we are at it, since our 'fathers' are responsible for that too. I'll tell Rishi :')
I mean that you can't punish your peers when they have done nothing to you for something that their ancestors did to your ancestors. How would even begin to calculate wrongness then?

yasmars

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 1, 2021
yeah and ngl the comment "pale, male and stale" is a little offensive. Would not make a comment like this about other groups in regards to a diff profession.

There is also an overrepresentation of some minorities and women in a lot of firms.
Which firms have an over representation of minorities? This is something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.