TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnice

Distinguished Member
Nov 19, 2020
finding post ac stress very difficult to cope, especially because the ac was for a dream firm that has very quick turn around time for successful candidates. already feeling extremely disheartened to confront the high probability of a rejection...i genuinely think the firm is the most suitable given my past experiences, aspirations and background, and i thought i did my best compared to other ac/telephone interviews/video interview i had, so if i can't even get it i don't really know where else would give me a chance 😢😢 and thanks for tolerating the doom and gloom energy community peeps 😢
Hi! I know exactly how you feel. I waited for an outcome for one of my AC and it honestly was so stressful. As someone said before, you’ve got to redirect your attention elsewhere as there is nothing you can do but wait for the outcome. Focus on work/uni, or whatever stage you are at! Start a new Netflix show: if you do watch it, a new season of ‘You’ is out now! Continue with a current hobby of yours, I started teaching myself how to crochet to take my mind off of it and boy did it!! Also, no news does not mean a rejection!!! Plus you should be proud of yourself because you are one of the few that made it to AC stage! You are obviously doing something right!! In respond to if you don’t get it, you don’t know what to do - you keep going!!! Wishing you all the luck in the world regardless of the outcome!

futureTS2025hopeful

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Hi! I know exactly how you feel. I waited for an outcome for one of my AC and it honestly was so stressful. As someone said before, you’ve got to redirect your attention elsewhere as there is nothing you can do but wait for the outcome. Focus on work/uni, or whatever stage you are at! Start a new Netflix show: if you do watch it, a new season of ‘You’ is out now! Continue with a current hobby of yours, I started teaching myself how to crochet to take my mind off of it and boy did it!! Also, no news does not mean a rejection!!! Plus you should be proud of yourself because you are one of the few that made it to AC stage! You are obviously doing something right!! In respond to if you don’t get it, you don’t know what to do - you keep going!!! Wishing you all the luck in the world regardless of the outcome!
Love this post - didn't know a new season of You is out, but am sure to get onto it now!

LJ

Distinguished Member
Oct 17, 2022
Yeah I noticed this too, the website says there is another round but the video said this was the last one. I emailed to ask but haven’t heard back yet, will let you know what they reply.

Also I didn’t catch any timeline by which we hear back, do you know when it may be?

I found the first round tough but quite interesting, hope I didn’t screw it up!
I am also a little confused about the next stage, I think this is the first year they have done that part of the application which is why some of the information out there is a little misleading. I was under the impression they make VS offers from the back of that and the further assessment centre was for direct TC application, but I cant see where I have read that so may be wrong!

I did my assessment centre on Tuesday and at the end of the briefing the partner said I should hear back from them in 1-2 weeks. So towards the end of next week might be likely?

Good luck whenever you hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.