Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
What is the etiquette on emailing regarding outcomes? I don’t want to nag the grad rec team, but they did say we’d know by today
Definitely don't chase until at least 72 working hours (By this I mean three working days!) after they have said they will come back to you, unless finding out impacts another offer decision you need to make. And even then, I would only chase the next working day.

Do not chase on the day that they tell you they will come back to you!

CareerChange

Standard Member
Feb 9, 2023
Hi, I completed the Arctic Shores assessment last night and heard from them this morning about an AC.
Congratulations! I wish they would just put me out of my misery and confirm I’ve been unsuccessful, why wait?!
Can I ask when your AC is? I know they have various dates through Feb & March, would love to think they’re confirming the earliest dates first 🤷🏼‍♀️

fti98

Jan 21, 2023
Congratulations! I wish they would just put me out of my misery and confirm I’ve been unsuccessful, why wait?!
Can I ask when your AC is? I know they have various dates through Feb & March, would love to think they’re confirming the earliest dates first 🤷🏼‍♀️
Thank you!! So when I went on to book my day it said there were only four slots left across the dates Feb to March. I picked the one slot left for the week after next and the other remaining slots were on the 14th and 15th Feb.

marfra

Jan 31, 2023
Whoever was talking about the "Bullshit" jobs theory, it's important to note the author is a career academic and anarchist. Yes, the book is great to read, but it's flawed. If the work of corporate lawyers is worthless, then so is the work of management consultants, IB analysts and other high-profile white-collar jobs. Having experienced both, its either pushing paper or pushing PowerPoint just comes down to whether your vibe is Word, Powerpoint or Excel ;)
well yes i think you’re right in that Graeber would have incorporated these professions into the definition and does allude to it in the book. given your experiences of them, as you say, boiling down to either pushing paper or power points, your testimony could have even been an illuminating addition to his research haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.