TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucy Ryan

Sep 27, 2022
I was looking to apply to Norton Rose's summer scheme, but it seems it's exclusively available to penultimate year students and only the winter/spring ones are available for final years/graduates?

This seems to be case, but would anyone be able to clarify as I have never seen this before and it seems rather unusual!
Hello, this is what I was confused about. Did you get any clarification about this?

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
Does your linkedin profile play any role in selection at any stage of the process? I've had lots of views on mine this week from multiple law firms, however, my page is super empty because I only made it to stay in contact with people from my VS last summer! @Jessica Booker Will I be at a disadvantage by having quite an empty linkedin? Thanks :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does your linkedin profile play any role in selection at any stage of the process? I've had lots of views on mine this week from multiple law firms, however, my page is super empty because I only made it to stay in contact with people from my VS last summer! @Jessica Booker Will I be at a disadvantage by having quite an empty linkedin? Thanks :)
No - not everyone has one and therefore it cannot be used in that way.

What you will be at a disadvantage is when anyone tried to actively recruit on LinkedIn. This is far less likely for vacation schemes and a TCs as they get enough applicants, but can happen with paralegal roles and other types of jobs.

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
No - not everyone has one and therefore it cannot be used in that way.

What you will be at a disadvantage is when anyone tried to actively recruit on LinkedIn. This is far less likely for vacation schemes and a TCs as they get enough applicants, but can happen with paralegal roles and other types of jobs.
That's helpful to know, thank you :)

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    I would appreciate it if somebody who has done the Dechert VI could help me out with a question: how many Qs are there and how long do you have to answer each question?

Thanks in advance :)

Seabird15

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 15, 2021
    I received an Ashurst PFO after bombing the online test lol, but in the email it said "We enjoyed looking at your profile and reading through your application. We would welcome you to apply for our Vacation scheme again". Does anyone know if this is standard wording for the rejection email?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.